It’s that time again and I’ve done another partial mash brew to have ready for Christmas. The recipe is below. I should say that I’ve used the terms “mash” and “sparge” pretty loosely here!
- Mash 2KG Maris Otter low colour (2.5 EBC) for 90 mins – went for 64°C this time
- Sparge (75°C)
- Start the 90 minute boil with 30g East Kent Goldings
- Add a teaspoon of Irish Moss at 15 mins along with 2KG extra light malt extract
- Add 40g Cascade and 50g East Kent Goldings at 10 mins
- Strain and cool wort
- Add US-05 yeast and ferment for about 10 days
- Add 60g Cascade and 20g Goldings to dry hop for around 10 days
This gives an OG of 1.047 which is a good sign. My mashing technique must be fairly effective to get this, I think I’ve hit about 75% efficiency. It should come down to about 1.013 which gives me about 4.5% ABV.
Any escuse to use my GoPro for something. A timelapse video for the whole brew…